Originally Posted by hicountry
Get some crushed rib sabots and toss the factories.

Somewhere between 90 and 110 grains of 209 should work.

My pro hunter shoots 105 of 209, crushed rib sabots, 250 Barnes TMZ or 250 shockwave into 1" +-, same point of impact

I dry patch between shots...

I use the yellow cr sabots, ones for boat tails, with the TMZ, and the black ones for the shockwaves

That is probably a really bad idea considering the Accutip is not a true .451 or .452 bullet. Its a little smaller .4485 in. diameter. Using other 45cal bullets the Black Crushrib is a good choice for the T/Cs. The first thing that comes to mind here is that the first 2 shots are not nearly as bad as the third. That tells me the barrel is probably heating up. Its very common for 2 shots to be close but by the time the third is loaded the barrel is much warmer and accuracy really degrades.

Someone mentioned the 50x40 sabots. The MMP 50x40 sabot is likely very very tight in a T/C bore and 50x40 sabots do not play as well with hot loads. All the BC increase is worthless if you need to reduce your load too much to get them to shoot. There are few 250gr 45cals that can match the BC of the 200gr SST and there are MUCH better 40cal bullets available than the SST. Such as Fury Custom bullets for about the same cost. Around $44/50 plus shipping or $74/50 for the new tipped version. Both are bonded lead core which are not offered in the T/C or Hornady 40cals.

You are basically just wasting money on high BC at 150y or under shots. Go with what shoots good and retains enough energy for a clean kill at that range.

Best thing to do is get something cheaper to sight in and take your time.

Box of Hornady 45 250gr XTPs....they kill deer just fine too
2 Boxes of Harvester Black Crushribs
Start the load at 90gr and work up
Wait 15min or more between shots so the barrel has time to cool. Put it in the shade to help it cool down faster.

Last edited by Overkill45; 06/08/19.