Originally Posted by Pappy348
Might be the modern version of "Seasoning the Barrel".😛

I buy my Crush-Ribs direct from Harvester. The local stores really mark them up; about $12 or so, last I looked, which was several years ago.

Cabelas is $9.99/50 for the Crushribs. If you are ordering online then Harvester direct is expensive. They are $9.47/50 or more and $8.32 shipping ....OUCH!!!

Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by Overkill45
Ive never had to swab with BH209 even in my tightest bores. Never needed a dedicated sabot solvent either.

Different barrels,different problems.What works for you might not work for others.What I suggested will cover most problems encountered. Each one singularly may or may not be a problem.. Some rifles shoot better with a fouled bore, some need clean. Some have rough enough bores that plastic from sabots build up just like cooper or lead fouling and regular solvents won't clean it. Some rifles of the same make and model will shoot well with a heavy load,some won't. Some rifles will shoot a particular bullet well and another of the same make and model won't. BH209 always shoots better when the bullet is seated with more force than say 77, Pyrodex or BP.

Not really your advice is to send more $1.50 a pop bullets down range with new cleaning methods that just dont hold water. Ive shot many 5 pound bottles of the stuff through at least 4 brands of rifles. Swabbing has never been an issue when using Blackhorn. Number 1 cause/s have always been poor sabot fit and not waiting long enough between shots.

Regular solvents/cleaners wont clean sabot residue?...Obviously you never tried really hot water and a bore brush. JBs or Montana Xtreme bore polish. Sabot residue to the point of causing accuracy issues is exceedingly rare with modern sabots. Typical cleaning each outing and a good scrubbing a few times a year with something like JBs is all most of us need unless you blow a sabot. You wont even be on paper at 100 yards if you blow a sabot.

BTW dont tell the majority of inline match winners at Friendship they must have some magical seating pressure and tight projectiles to shoot awesome groups. Most are using sabotless and conicals that are no where near as tight as most sabots. Firm, consistent and repeatable just like any other powder.