Apologies if i'm about to get the terminology wrong. I have an AK whose barrel/trunnion was installed askew, making the barrel tilt left (or right, i can't remember and don't have it with me). I don't know the degree of tilt, so let's call it slight. I've heard this is not uncommon and the gun remains usable, but i haven't heard how it affects optics and their mounts.

I'm torn between an RS Regulate side-rail mount and an Ultimak gas-tube mount. The RS Regulate offers more mounting options, optic choices, and better rifle balance. But it will not be aligned with the barrel, requiring any optic compensate for the barrel tilt. It seems that except for its zero range, every other range would require windage offset. The Ultimak shouldn't have the same alignment problem, but limits my optic choice and adds a bit more weight forward.

So, does anyone have a recommendation? Is an Ultimak the logical choice, will neither option compensate enough, or am i blowing this tilt issue out of proportion?