Originally Posted by applelanding
Wow, renegade. That's a lot of info. Thanks. It is the Vector I mentioned in an earlier post. I bought it about 12 years go at my then-LGS. Had them order it for me after a recommendation. Didn't know much about AK builds and thought i was getting a top-of-the-line model at the time. I've learned a bit since then, and i'm at the "the more you know, the more you realize you don't know" stage with them. Seem like if you buy an AK, you're buying a house and you better know a bit about everything in it, or know a guy who does.

My Vector doesn't currently live with me, and i don't get to see or shoot it often. I've been wanting to upgrade its sighting options for years and that's how i noticed the barrel cant. I'm not sure how it happened, though i've only put a few hundred rounds through it. A few mag dumps, too. I'll just have to inspect it better the next time i see it, then consider the re-riveting options, or just Ultimak it and go buy a WASR to use with my RS Regulate mounts.

This next time you shoot it
Use your iron sights
Make no sight adjustments thru out this.
Bench it shoot 2 5 shot groups into same target at 25 or 50
Using same aiming point.
Do 2 or 3 30rd mag dumps downrange
Get back on bench fast

Shoot at exact same target again the same way as before.
If those hot groups wander more than an inch at 25 and more than 2 at 50
Chances are you have rivet, rivet holes, barrel pin or trunion issues or a combo of em.

I seen a riley defense gun wander almost 4 inches at 25 about 3 yrs ago.
Not good espically if ya multiply that as distance increases
I was out shooting the c39v2 I got rid of.
And was running the same rountine I told the older
Guy with the riley to try.
He was having alot of issues zeroing the gun and couldn't figure out why his zero adjustments always changed from cold to hot and then the next range session

Push comes to shove not all components in the gun are bad.
Might be a simple fix like repressing the barrel and setting in a new pin.
Or just sell it as is and get something else.

Last edited by renegade50; 06/19/19.