Sadly the problem with Colorado is that everyone, everywhere that wants to hunt Elk knows that Colorado is the most obvious choice. This state affords opportunity to anyone who wants to buy the tag, there in lies the problem. Unlike many western states that have caps or limit the number of non-res hunters, Colorado is happy to and dependent on that Non-Res money at whatever price to the experience. It blows my mind going through draw Hunt statistics not just for elk but for deer too how much Colorado caters to Non-Res hunters. If you are i the business of making money , which CPWD clearly is, you don’t bump the price and restrict the number of tags sold, you have to figure out a way to convince people that there’s plenty of animals and sell as many tags as possible. I’ve read so many articles that claim that Colorado fudges the numbers on Animal counts, greys the area of success percentages and keeps folks thinking that the $600 + tag is really valuable. My question is where does all that money go......