Originally Posted by zeissman
I use Wilson hand dies or Redding and Forster bushing dies and micrometer style seaters almost exclusively. Those Whidden dies look great too but have yet to try them.

I check all reloads for run-out, hunting and target, on my Jones Custom Products concentricity gauge that I've had for about thirty years. Very seldom get run-out of more than .002" mostly .0005"-0015". Obviously for target shooting, rifle accuracy and your own shooting ability are paramount. However, does it really matter for hunting? Not at the short to medium ranges I shoot deer, but I can't help myself and still check every round for run-out.

Bullet seating depth regarding accuracy, is dependant on the particular rifle, the particular bullet, the powder charge and probably the type of powder and of course magazine length if you're using one. Nothing is set in concrete. Being reloaders and particularly if you've done bench rest or other precision shooting, it's generally deeply ingrained to try and get the absolute most accuracy out of your reloads, whether needed or not.

You set your dies up right and the need to check every round is pointless.... no longer needed. Especially with those fancy type dies you have. I get .003" and less TIR with my regular ol RCBS dies. The proof is always on the target too.. wink . Some guys put far too much time and effort and money into this chit and then still end up sub par..
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA