There is no question that tweaking seating depth can affect group size, I get that....but in a non-benchrest rifle, I have often wondered why factory rounds such as the Federal Gold Medal Match .308 shoots so darn good in so many different rifles just using a standard c.o.a.l. The average Joe reloader guy is very hard pressed to beat these premium factory offerings, it seems to me. Now sure, a bunch of fellows will pile on me here with endless pictures of tiny 3 shot groups, but I am talking real statistical aggregates of 20 shots or better yet the aggregate of an 80 or 100 shot NRA Hi-power match. As another example, factory rifle and cartridge, .257 Weatherby Mag. arguably one of the most store boughten accuracy champs on the market, I don't own one but folks say all Weatherby's have long throats to reduce pressures. So where does seating depth come into play there? More questions than answers.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.