Originally Posted by Dan360
Its illegal.......

But, if it weren't, I still think that its not appropriate regardless of whether it would work or not. I don't know of anyone who drives railroad spikes with framing hammers. I don't know why anyone would insist on using the smallest caliber possible when there are so many other choices that provide a larger margin of error.

THIS!!!

If I'm spending money to go elk hunting I'm taking the best shot at it with the best rifle for it. I think it would be a magnum of .277 Caliber up. I really like .30s But if it's all I had I'd use my .270 with a 150 grain Nosler Partition or Swift A Frame. I wouldn't feel undergunned with my .30-06 with a 180 or 200 grain Partition or Swift. But I've got a 7mm Rem. Mag and a .300 WBY that I'd take with me, the 7 mag would be the back up. I shoot the .300 WBY pretty well and I'm not shy of its recoil. It has a good brake and it's a Mark V and heavy enough to tame the recoil. I like the rifle and I'm pretty accurate with it. When hunting really big game I figure bigger IS better. Gimme the .300 WBY. Save the .223 for coyotes and deer.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!