JSTUART;
Top of the morning to you sir, and I see it's early tomorrow morning for you too - I trust all is going acceptably for you and this finds you well.

If I'm being honest - and truly I might as well be - I don't believe Canada would be ready for the likes of a Donald Trump at this point - not yet. Added to that, I also believe that that person would become quite frustrated with Canada in short order too.

We are if anything, even more fractured, segmented, regionalized or whatever nomenclature one chooses to call a country which is geographically huge and relatively sparsely populated, than I perceive our southern neighbors to be. While I may be wrong about that, there's plenty of evidence to support my thesis.

The current political structure for instance gives the Atlantic Provinces more political clout in terms of elected representatives than BC and Alberta - and our combined GDP far exceeds that of the Atlantic Provinces and I'd say likely Quebec as well.

When we throw Quebec into the fray - roughly 25% of the population - but much, much more political power than that - well the water gets ever murkier.

None of this is to say we don't need leaders who envision less central government and more individual responsibility and freedom - far from it! But all factors taken into account I don't believe we're quite ready to make the best use of some folks talents and abilities.

Along with many, many other Canadians who are working towards a better future, I'm hopeful I'll see those changes in my lifetime that would enable that to happen.

Anyway sir, just a thought from the middle of the most western part of Canada and nothing more.

All the best to you folks down there.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"