Originally Posted by g5m
114 yesterday.

yesterday afternoon, dogs were ansy, so we sat in the back yard for a while under the shading influence of a tree we planted in the yard.
four dogs, two pigmy goats, wife and myself sharing the shade. The dogs went back in the house as fast as they could.
i can remember being in the desert one day at over 120 degrees.
With zero humidity i can handle it, but it is true you can get into trouble quick. It's said if you are not drinking enough water to pee regularly, you are in trouble.
few years ago i rode my gold wing from prescott south to phoenix in july. by the edge of phoenix i was getting dizzy and heat exhaustion. Had to stop and drink couple bottles of water and pour some over my head.
I got to when i was making that trip i would use a garden hose to soak myself, by the time i got to phoenix, perfectly dry.
I told my wife yesterday i am an old man now and i don't have to put up with that heat. inside under the ac until the weather breaks. The monsoons are close tho, lots of heavy clouds over northwest phx, and humidity is up. I can't stand humidity, dry heat is easier to deal with for me.
relative is relocating to florida in a month or two. We were talking about it yesterday. The bugs, humidity, hurricanes are going to be an eye opener for a kid raised in phoenix.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 07/13/19.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO