Originally Posted by EdM
Interesting as I bought a mint 1957 M94 30-30 when I lived in Alberta off of Canadian Gunnutz. This was 2008 and I gave $500 CDN for it.

Ed;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope all is well in your part of the world - though I confess I'm not sure if you're north or south at the moment.

As mentioned in my post, they've gone up a wee bit since then, by perhaps as much as $150 - $200 for the "right rifle" and the "right buyer".

Somewhere around 2000 I sold a 1903 vintage 94 rifle with a 26" octagon barrel and picked up a 1958 carbine that likely hadn't seen two boxes of ammo through it for somewhere either side of $500. Since it was an "extra" 94 in the safe, I just didn't do anything with it for years somehow.

Then on a whim, I installed a sight similar to John's Lyman if memory serves, shot it about 3 times to sight it in at 25 yards and then shot it 3 times at 100 yards to see how it grouped. I still can't believe how close the 3 shots were and it had to be some cosmic alignment of the planets Ed, because I don't shoot that well typically.

Anyway back into the safe it went until one day someone had a Ruger No 1 for sale and it went down the road to help finance the No 1.

Over the years I've had a recurring urge to pick up a 64 like John did or perhaps it's smaller stable mate 65 in something like a .25-20. Thus far, other more pressing projects have kept me from doing that, but I've got to say that to me the 64 handles "just right" somehow.

All the best to you folks as we head into the fall Ed.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 07/14/19. Reason: added for clarity - hopefully

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"