Erich,

I appreciate the input. I'll look at the die and get it opened up if needed for the 25-222. I already have a 6mm-222 and am quite pleased with it. I spent many NY winter nights reading about Fadala's 6mm-222 and Wooters' 25-222 Copperhead and always wanted to play with them. I'm not looking to maximize the performance of the .378 based cases and I am aware of what I'm getting into performance wise. I'm not trying to duplicate 250/257 performance. This project scratches a nostalgic itch and will make at least three walking varminters, four if I add a 20-222 to the mix, that will be identical except for stock color. I'll press them into service for some antelope and deer hunting as well.

On another note, the mini Mauser magazine allows 6mm and 25 caliber bullets in a 222 case, to be seated further out than what the 223/204/222RM cases do. Have to bury a lot of bullet in the case to fit in the magazine with the longer cases. The 222 case is perfectly suited for the mini Mauser action and magazine.

I do have a 6x45 on the way, though not on a mini Mauser. I sent off a Ruger Mini 14 to Accuracy Systems to be made into a 6x45.

With our upcoming move to Idaho, I'll have greater opportunity to spend time afield with mild mannered, walking varminters. I think my choices fit the bill well. They seemed to work well for Wooters and Fadala.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.