Thanks for the replies, gentlemen.

I have to admit to being lazy...I know the things to check, but casting has always been an easy thing and I never had any trouble with accuracy before. I guess I was fishing for non-existent common knowledge to the effect of "the 358429 just won't work in an old Blackhawk because...

I am sizing lubing on a 450 using a .358" sizing die and White Label 50/50 lube. I removed the cylinder from my revolver and inserted bullets as cast into the throats, and I got a light interference fit on all of the chambers. It's hard to say exactly what my alloy is because it is a batch that has been evolving since the early 90s, but I can say it has yielded good results with other bullets in its most recent iteration. I would estimate I'm running about 3% tin and about 2.5% antimony. I do homogenize the entire batch every time I add to it.

I rolled some of the bullets as cast across the my benchtop and could see no oddities.

I will go back and try the 11.0 grains of 2400 suggestion. That seems like a pretty light load that doesn't burn too clean, but I do happen to have stuff to clean guns and don't mind if they get dirty...within reason, of course.
crazy

Thanks again for the comments!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.