eblake, not quite apples to apples but I have a model 92 Browning lever action 20" barrel 1:38 twist. A few points- and wonder if you find the same with your Ruger:
1. the 225 FTX - Lever Revolution???? ammo shot great - BUT did not like its on game performance. Multiple hogs shot - one large axis doe at close range. They don't seem to open up- or at least, anchor animals well. (I know I will get flamed and the usual responses....just telling you what I have seen with them). Not the only one reporting same for this particular load. Not writing off all other Lever revo's....

2. I tried shooting lighter bullets and found the lower I went the wilder the groups spread. 300 grain bullets shot well and most did ok down to 225. 200 grain less so and anything under were slinging everywhere -and I mean wildly.
Perhaps the added velocity of the longer barrel plays into it. My older eyes have me keeping this a 50 yard gun. Surprising accurately. Got me some 240 Hornady xtp I plan to try.

3. I had not tried 44spc in mine though by all accounts it will cycle in both our rifles. I consistently hear it won't be as accurate as Magnum loads- just fyi. A shame because my steel butt plate.....is a steel butt plate!

Good luck to you and the OP on his new purchase. Should be fun.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius