Originally Posted by EZEARL
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
I have a 16inch barrel 30/06 Columbian Mauser (carbine). I've been meaning to take it hunting but have too many other firearms in preference. I've also been meaning to find out what velocity I get out of it. Accuracy is acceptable considering it is standard ex-mil configuration with the horrible spire front sight and V rear - my aging eyes have trouble with those.

Do you have access to Federal Power-Shok 180gr ammo (blue box stuff)? If so I'm getting a 5 shot average of 2509fps at the muzzle from my 17 1/2"bbl for you to compare to.

I went out and bought a chrono and could only get the 150gn Federal Power-Shok ammo. I think it might be loaded a bit light because it wasn't all that loud and most primers were backed out a little bit. 2600fps was the average, so that's equivalent to 300 Savage velocities, and down from the 2900fps on the Federal website (22 or 24 inch barrel?).

I'll look for the Federal 180gns but will try my reloads (much noisier) and maybe also Winchester 150gn factories, for some sort of comparison.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?