I haven't met much for food I didn't like. I haven't eaten much of different cultural/regional foods that were all that bad. I will appropriate any cultural or regional food and eat it at home. That said, I find that travelling has given me some of the absolute best and worst stuff to eat I ever had, and introduced me to some of the nicest and nastiest people. Travel is an opportunity for finding something new and good to eat and I try to take full advantage of it. A person just has to be ready willing and able to write off the occasional meal to your education and go get something else. Common everyday stuff can often be so good you never forget it whether it's in a Michelin starred restaurant or a local mom and pop diner. Sometimes you find odd stuff that is just unbelievably good. I regularly co-opt cultural specialties into American standards like Japanese noodles in chicken soup. Mexican tequila in bacon. Bacon in Greek lentil soup. Chokecherry syrup on venison, etc. Mostly stuff I have run into on the road.