Originally Posted by aalf

Too cool for school.....

Curious, (coming from a Dasher fan) why the BRX?

Cause BRX sounds cooler than something named after a reindeer? Just waiting on the Prancer edition....grin...
Nah, nothing against the Dasher. Just wanted to steer on the side of caution with feeding a skosh and keep the original 30* shoulder. I have run both quite a bit and have had ZERO feeding issues with properly tuned mags. Am running a straight BR on my AIAT and thinking ahead I wanted to go BRX there too whenever that barrel goes. Or it may just go on a trip to Shaen purty quick and get the same reamer as the TL3. It's a shooting SOB so should probably just leave it alone.

Originally Posted by Carl_Ross
No excuses with that set up. What stock/chassis will it end up with?

I don't see many guys who switch to BR variants going away from them, even if George says they don't feed right.

What mags are you using? Everything seems to work decent out of my TL3 Dashers but the AW with HRD kit is the current go to if 10 rounds will suffice.

Might try a Foundation, but it'll probably see a T5A in the future. Still HARD for me to get away from that stock...thanks to you....(Ol Blue finally went in for another tube a couple weeks ago)
Not sure what George you are referring to, but I have my guess. No issues getting them to feed here, but I didn't have any problems feeding the 6.5 SAUM cases out of BDL boxes either...grin...
HRD kits in the AW mags are the TITs and that's what I'm running in my AI with the standard 6 BR. Slumming the MDTs right now in the TL3 until I can get the time to get a few AWs set up. They haven't given me an ounce of trouble in 350ish rounds, but don't feed near as slick as the HRD kits. And good phuggin luck getting 12 in them.....but no worries here.

Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by kingston
Working against the Dasher are it’s shorter barrel life, rapidly eroding throat, and chasing tune.

Not sure where that's coming from......

The last Dasher barrel I took off my 1K BR gun had 2600 rounds through it. Never once did I adjust the original load of Varget, running 105 VLD's at 3080, besides adjusting the seater occasionally. In fact, I've never changed any Dasher load after initial load development.

+1

Never heard much of this being an issue either. Nor the short neck causing excessive leverage on the case mouth in the BRX. Reckon properly setup and tuned mags would minimize that quite a bit if it were an issue. Lots of guys running the BR variants, and like Carl said, few seldom go back. I know I'm through chasing tune and lands every 200-250 rounds in the 6 CMs, granted I'll still keep a couple around. For me in this deal it's not a recoil argument, but more so a barrel life and minimal tuning argument.

Last edited by joshf303; 07/22/19.