Originally Posted by Remington6MM
I know this may be a question that makes a professional knife maker like you hair curl backwards but if I don't ask I won't learn. Who do you recommend as a supplier of knife making materials? I have purchased from Texas knife supply on a few occasions but I'm not that fond of Chinese stuff. Any recommendations you have for blades and handle materials is very appreciated. Looking at your pictures, I see so many ideas I want to implement in my next builds. I might just an "assembler" but the look in the eyes of the recipient on one my knives is my greatest joy. I also make sheaths to go along with each blade. Thanking you in advance for any input you will share.

W. Bill

PM me if you'd rather answer off line.

As far as blades go, I make my own.

Tru-grit has the best selection of belts and if you're heat treating stainless, they have tool rap for a good price. A few odds and ends too. Their shipping is reasonable if you can order a lot.

USA Knifemaker seems to have the best LINER selection and sometimes some micarta or G10. Shipping is ok

Alpha knife supply has bigger pieces of G10 and also some pretty good prices on knife steel carbon and stainless.

NJ steel has good steel prices but the shipping is high. Like order 2 bars of steel and it's $60 for the steel and $35 shipping

"The unknowing leading the unwilling to do the unnecessary"

www.dtknives.com