I have shot a lot of PG with the older 180 xbt in 300WM, (among others) and it is indeed a good killer. The Partition throws all that fragmented shrapnel of the front section throughout the lungs/arteries upon entrance, then leaves a good second hole(exit) The mono makes a big hole all the way through, which is just a different way of doing it. Hammer bullets is like a blend of the two. For me, when I make a travel/money hunt, I liked the ability to shoot my trophy ( that I will pay for if wounded/lost) from some very hard angles, as I know I can count on the penetration. A heavier partition does the same, foe me. If I'm "convinced" I have the right combo, I'm much happier, ha. OTOH, I passed a huge Impala ram (26"+) because there was an impala ewe that stuck to his off side. My 250X from my 35 Whelen Ackley ( or any partition I would have used) would have killed her too, and at 200yds, my 5x scope made it too difficult for me to "finesse him". A higher powered scope would have allowed me to shoot him where I knew it would miss her when it penetrated, but I was happy. I was just glad to be there and took a smaller ram later.