WYCo- thanks pard. When I started playing (late 90s) with the 300WM, it was in a Classic 700 and I loaded the Nosler 180BT. I killed a pronghorn doe (347 steps) and nice 3x3 Muley (75yds) with severe damage, ha. I went to the Barnes 180xbt and went on to kill various Plains Game, each time it was as a spare rifle or a friend wanted me to use his rifle. It was always an awesome killer. I then went on to the 338s, the 200x in the 35 WAI and left the 300. Now I'm back! ha I made the mistake of handling one of those Mesas awhile back...stole my heart. I do love a Mod 700 Classic, but I don't hunt out of box blinds or the pickup ( Texas) since I moved out here and I seem to always get rained on/snowed on or slip and fall. Either way, before I had to sell (almost my soul) for Obammacare taxes awhile back, I always used that 35 WAI in a BP synthetic and baked on "moly something" coating. It was a tank! I got nostalgic on the Classics again, but had determined not to accumulate anymore, so back to "one and only". One 22 magnum rifle, one 12ga and now, one deer/elk rifle. Of course, my SIL has several I have given him through the years and can use when I want, so its no handicap to my "loonieism", ha.

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 08/10/19.