Fall of '82, I was 26, she was a year younger (single mother) with a five year old daughter.

Her Uncle was married to my Aunt and we have cousins in common. Labor Day weekend I actually met her at her Grandma's funeral. And I was thoroughly entranced. Her Uncle knew I was smitten, and also knew the young lady needed a good man in her life. So he asked me to go along on woodcutting trips each weekend through Sept. It turned out we were taking along this young lady, her sisters, her daughter, and their parents, as my future in-laws used a wood burning stove

The more time I spent around her, the more impressed I was with her attributes as a Mother, and besides she was just sexy as hell. Five foot seven with thick reddish brown hair down past her butt. And she was not bashful about swinging a 6 lb splitting maul or helping load several cord of wood in a day.

But I was pretty shy. And after the father of her daughter abandoned the two of them as soon as he found out she was pregnant, she was not adventurous about getting into a relationship.

So after about six weeks of being together every weekend surrounded by family, I talked her into going to a drive-in movie. LOL, accompanied by her 15 year old sister sitting between us in an '82 Toyota pickup.

So finally about the end of October, after two months of her Uncle inventing occasions, every weekend, for us to be together, we were "an item".

This lovely young lady who would become my bride, fixed Thanksgiving Dinner for her family together with mine.

At my family's Christmas party that year with my Aunts and Uncles and cousins, I announced my intention of marrying her. She did me the favor of agreeing to the wedding which was held Feb 13. A day before Valentine's Day, so it will never be forgotten.

So yes, met her on Sept 1. Started paying her rent and utilities on Nov 1. Engagement announced on Christmas, and married by Valentines Day. 36 years ago.

I think she figures at this point, she is stuck with me.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.