We lost our 13 year old Fannymae last December. I have owned many dogs but Fanny was the best. More like a person than a dog. Understood everything and always did what was right. It was devastating to see her go and I said never again. A few months later my wife said our middle daughter who is a vet tech was fostering a couple of shelter dogs. I said I don't even want to see them. A week later the daughter had to go on a business trip and the wife informed me that we were taking care of one of them for the week. I was sitting at the counter having a beer when they brought her in. I knew I was in trouble at first sight. She was a 4 month old brindle colored hound and lab mix who ran right up to me tail wagging and started to lick my hand. Might even be some pit in there because she was brought up from Louisiana. Looking in the internet she looks just like some of the file photos on Plott Hounds. She is now 7 months old and is about 45 pounds and is really a nice dog. Very smart but still puppy mischievous. Got to pick up socks and shoes before she finds them... LOL.

living the good life every day