Just an update, things didn't work out the way I wanted. I wound up working out of town a lot and Abby started to get aggressive toward my wife. After 7 weeks we didn't feel like we had any other choice but to surrender her back to the rescue(she was adopted again by a family with other dogs and evidently she does much better with other dogs around.

We decided to really take our time before we tried again, luckily, we found a shelter not too horribly far from us that was really willing to work with us to find a dog that would fit our family better. They really went above and beyond and next Tuesday, Titus will be coming to live with us. We visited him a couple times, then they brought him over to the house for a couple hour visit last weekend that went great. The boys are so excited this time(last time was a totally different story with them) they are arguing over whose room he gets to sleep in. Can't say enough good about the shelter we are working with, they have been very forthcoming about what we can expect. He has had a rough go of it(he was all but starved to death when he was found last July) and will take some patience, but he seems to have really taken a shine to the kids and hasn't shown any aggression in his foster house(unless you're a squirrel). Great to find a place that goes the extra mile to make sure the right dog gets the right home, VERY different than the rescue we called last spring(I think they mean well, but they need to be a little more objective and less sunshine and roses).

We will be fostering him for a month or two before we adopt...

[Linked Image]

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči