wabigoon;
Good morning to you my friend, I hope all is well with you and the weather is suitable for harvest if that's where you're at.

Wills and estate planning in general are a bit of a "thing" with me and I'll talk to anyone who will listen about them, mainly because I've been involved with too many instances of bad or no wills in the last few years.

Honestly I believe that the most unselfish thing we can do to our heirs is to do proper estate planning.

Speaking from personal experience, when we are dealing with all the details of a loved one dying, the very last thing we need to worry about is whether or not they had a plan in place to disburse the estate.

Up here we've got a split between the financial part of a living will - power of attorney - and the medical care of the individual - representation agreement. That's a fairly recent wrinkle, but also a vital part of keeping the process as simple as possible for all involved.

Another thing which I tell folks is that we all assume the will and estate planning will be a straight forward, "I'm dead and they get my stuff", but what happens if I have a debilitating stroke and end up comatose for months or years?

I believe it's important to have a plan in place so my kids don't have to take a second mortgage out in order to keep the lights on at my place while I'm plugged in at the local hospital, no?

Anyway sir, work is calling so off I go, but I'll check in later on tonight to see where this goes. It is, in my view anyway wabigoon, something we all need to deal with and talk about with those who we'll be leaving behind.

Have a good day sir and Lord willing we'll check in tonight.

Dwayne

PS
IF the Lord calls me today, we have solid wills in place as well as the kids having all the contact info for our life insurance, bank accounts, safe combinations etc....

In other words, I'm in no hurry to go wabigoon, but I am ready!!! grin

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"