It was too hot to shoot from 65 yds today so I moved up to 40 yds so I could get in the shade of one of the storage containers & set up my folding chair in he shade, nice! I was shooting my old model 45 shorty convertible using the 260 gr Keith & 9 grs of Unique. This might be one of the classic loads in one of the classic calibers. I shot this load yesterday from 65 yds but the sun was high & my JB Weld front sight that Fermin hates so bad took a real beating. I couldn't see very good because I was getting some glare off that ramp front sight. I did manage to keep all 5 shots on steel but it was shaky.
Today in the shade things went much better, I settled in with no sun & slammed 5 of those big Keith slugs into the center of the steel clanger & then ran 5 off of the plate rack & went home happy. This is a fine shooting OM & I've yet to ever use the ACP cylinder. Took a muley doe with this gun last year at 58 yds through the heart. I did take the factory stocks off after yesterday, they are just too thin. I found an old set I had made a long time ago that fit pretty close.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Dick

Last edited by Idaho1945; 08/21/19.