You boys on here like to do creative thinking I've noticed, so here is one for you to resolve in truest campfire form...

Don't get along with neighbor (nothing new there, right) but they really seem to like my property, you could even say they treat it as if were their own. After many interactions they bulldozed my tree, my survey line and "no trespassing" signs. Their construction crews drove right through the middle of my yard and used it as a parking lot to build her garage 3 feet inside her property.

I arrive and start raising hell and plotting the next phase of redneck revenge and my precious princess insists on calling the cops. I forbid this useless escalation so you know the drill, at that point she HAD to call them to prove to me that I was an idiot and she was in charge...

So the cops show up (1) and I hover but do not interact as i knew exactly what my input would lead to, bleeding, handcuffs, skinnier wallet, the usual.

There is video taken 10 minutes before his arrival of them bulldozin over the line by 50'-100', actually running over my signage on film. There is the "driveway' leading through the middle of my yard to the "parking lot". And there is the bulldozed oak tree that had been on my side by about 10 feet. There is a torn to pieces area amounting to about a half an acre of shredded yard by truck and dozer traffic.

The cop refuses to do anything about any of this, insisting it is a "Property line dispute" her survey and mine were about 4 inches different and both were obliterated by the destruction which went about 100' into my yard.

At this point I had hovered just about enough and joined in which went very south very quickly and he was threatening to arrest me within just a few minutes. It took a kind of weird turn when he offered if I ever saw a hunter on my place to call him and he would gladly arrest and prosecute the hunter.

I called over his head (which you can imagine how happy he was about that) and the sheriff backed him 100%, admitting that it was criminal trespass but refusing to do anything about it at all but quickly volunteered to arrest me on an as yet to be determined offense.

Now I KNOW how to deal with the neighbor, and have done so with incredible effectiveness.

My question: is there a way to force a useless cop to do his job and enforce the law given overwhelming and undisputed evidence??? I have come to the conclusion that no there is not. And some of this latest political stuff re-affirms my belief.