Originally Posted by SamOlson
10-15 gallons of a diesel gas mix that I slightly miscalculated.

Sam;
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I hope the weather's been good for your corn crop and dry enough to get any hay off that needs to be.

Your terse sentence made me wince just a little Sam - and feel the hair on the back of my head - interestingly the only place there's hair left on my head anymore other than the mustache and goatee...

Anyway when I was younger we did a lot of tearing down farm yards that my brother and cousin had bought. This was in the late '60's and early '70's as small farmers became a thing of the past in our part of Saskatchewan.

As it turned out I developed a wee bit of skill as the resident pyromaniac so when they'd pile up a barn and corrals, it was me that lit it up.

My favorite mix was about 1:3 gas to diesel - or my memory says it was Sam - could be off on the mix.

We'd piled up a big barn and a whole bunch of corral lumber, so I mixed up maybe two 5 gallon jugs of mix as I wanted to show them I knew what I was about.

As it turned out I had a tad too much diesel in the blend Sam, so even though I spread 10 gallons everywhere, when I shot the match over to the last pool of fuel - oh quick explanation on that, I used wooden matches and could sorta "flick" them a good 6' to 8'.

After many Red Bird Strike Anywhere's didn't do anything, I walked up to the last pool of fuel and managed to get a very small flame - that's all.....

I turned in disgust to go get more accelerant and managed about two steps when a "whump" behind me knocked me onto my face!

The ever present tractor/seed company ball cap kept the top of the turnip covering from being fried off Sam, but I do recall needing a "trim off the back" on my then shoulder length hair afterward. laugh

Oh to wabigoon, a late shooting buddy had a really light Browning Hi-Power in .458 Winchester that would smack my trigger finger so bad with the bolt that it took me a couple minutes to realize the trigger guard had smashed my middle finger so hard I couldn't feel it until then..

It wasn't a pleasant firearm to discharge whatsoever.

All the best to you both Sam and Richard.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"