I have a friend who, for whatever reason, brought me his deer hunting rifle every year just before season and asked me to check zero for him. A tang safety Ruger 338 WM. I complied with his request for several years up until about 15 yrs. ago. I told him I was done with that hard kicking SOB. I have shot 7mm RM’s, 300 Wm’s, 375 H&H, even one 458 Magnum. I didn’t say I’d never shot the bigger calibers, just that I hadn’t owned any. My decision from shooting other people’s guns was that I didn’t need to tolerate the amount of recoil they produced.

Some people play golf, I reload and shoot! And mostly from a bench at varying distance at both paper and steel. I also hunt, but I spend much, much more time at the range than I do in the hunting fields. I want my rifles to be both capable for the hunting I do and light enough on the recoil that I can go to the range and enjoy myself while shooting forty to fifty rounds in a session. I don’t seek other people’s approval. I just wondered if others felt the same way or not. Thanks for the replies.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug