Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Mental illness obviously runs in your wife’s side of the family, mix mental illness with alcohol and it’s a recipe for disaster. Your wife is lucky enough to have you to love and care for her as she battles mental illness. Unfortunately your BIL isn’t that lucky and probably feels all alone in his battles, that’s why he calls so much. Sometimes, even though it’s tough, it’s better to reach deep down inside ourselves and find the patience and compassion to be help someone that’s suffering and to be their lifeline to the world outside. I’m sorry that you have to deal with this but I think we get tested in our lives and that’s when we reveal how close we are to doing God’s will....in real life. We don’t do that through our attendance every Sunday, we do it for those that need help and some of us do it to soothe our own souls. Good luck and I hope and pray that your BIL gets some help and finds some peace.

I don't think anyone could have put it in words any better.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....