Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by Raeford
Not been around much 'death' by most folks standards[lives] beyond a couple of friends/classmates that took their own and my grandparents, but married into a family that has had way more than their share of untimely deaths.
Wifes grandfather accidentally shot himself while deer hunting-early 50's, brother died at the hand of a drunk driver at 18, 4 day old niece and relatively young grandmother died on the same day, sister had lung cancer-diagnosed at 50 years old and died one year after their father which died of a massive heart attack while burning leave time after announcing his retirement.

She has changed my views on whether or not all life is precious.
Damn, that sounds eerily like my wifes family. She lost one of her brothers (1 of 4) in a car crash when she was 13, lost her dad to cancer shortly after we started dating in 2003, lost brother #2 to cancer a few years later, her only sister died a few years after that from cancer as well. Her twin brother, which I consider his death to be a suicide, lost his job but was offered a job with the same company in another town but he didn't want to move so he decided to take the summer off. He was feeling sorry for himself so he started drinking heavily, a 30 pack of BL a day and it eventually killed him, his brother found him on a Saturday morning sprawled out on the floor, blood everywhere, dead. That was probably the toughest phone call my wife has ever taken and it broke my heart to watch her have to deal with another uneccessary death. Then in May of 2018 her last brother died of heart failure while in the hospital for another ailment so we brough her mom up to Alaska to live with us, we lost her on June 3rd of this year. The amount of grief my wife has been through, I wouldn't wish on any human.

Look on the bright side, she doesn't have to worry about anyone else dying. Well, just for curiosity, how are you feeling?
Is that some sort of joke, because if it is, i'm missing it.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead