"Family days" on Wednesday, if it works out that way. Yesterday, wife cleaned living room carpet. While it dried, we went over the hill for breakfast (they're pancakes will not get a second try by me), then headed home by way of an alternate route, used by some a long time ago.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After taking a break there we continued our drive and took a detour to the High Grade Trailhead and took a short hike through the forest with the dogs. Saw a grouse, so I know where they might be when the season opens in a few weeks. Got back in the car and headed back down the hill.

Goose Lake from up in the Warners:

[Linked Image]

A week or so back there was a thread folks were talking about tracks and "spoor" showing up in the trail that weren't there on the way in:

[Linked Image]

You tell me, does a bear scheidt in the road in the woods?

[Linked Image]

Would have preferred to see the bear, as I've not seen one in the nearly 3 years we've been here. And we didn't see any elk either, which I have heard are in that area of our county.

Came home to a nice cooling thunderstorm.

All in all, not a bad day. Might have liked to catch a few fish like Shrap, but the wife and dogs were happy and we had to do something while the carpet was drying.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?