Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by lvmiker
When there is a question about handgun choice Glock is always the best answer.

mike r

What do all the people who have to be one of the cool kids carry?

I'm not sure of your definition of cool kids but most of the people I know who take defensive shooting seriously carry Glocks. Becoming proficient takes a lot of work for most people and high volume shooters often rate reliability as the 1st requirement. I was issued a Sig 226 and shot about 1k rounds/week for 12 years and found it very reliable but, for me, difficult to learn to shoot well and difficult to conceal.

I purchased a Glock 17 in 1987 and in less than 1k rounds was a convert for life. Many serious shooters have been converted by the shootability, relentless reliability and ease and economy of maintenance. I used a G23 for a few years then switched to G19s for EDC. Mine now have grip reductions, aggressive stipling and a few enhancements starting w/ sights.

Several of my associates are now carrying single stack Glocks and I am probably going to add one soon. We all carry at all times and train frequently and deliberately.

I chose to take your question seriously and hope you find my response sufficient.

mike r

Well, my question wasn't especially serious but I appreciate your detailed and personal reply.

Don't you find any contradiction between "Glock is always the best answer" and "Mine now have grip reductions, aggressive stipling and a few enhancements starting w/ sights". There have got to be choices out there for some people that don't require hacking on the grips and replacing the sights at least.