Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by lvmiker
When there is a question about handgun choice Glock is always the best answer.

mike r

What do all the people who have to be one of the cool kids carry?

I'm not sure of your definition of cool kids but most of the people I know who take defensive shooting seriously carry Glocks. Becoming proficient takes a lot of work for most people and high volume shooters often rate reliability as the 1st requirement. I was issued a Sig 226 and shot about 1k rounds/week for 12 years and found it very reliable but, for me, difficult to learn to shoot well and difficult to conceal.

I purchased a Glock 17 in 1987 and in less than 1k rounds was a convert for life. Many serious shooters have been converted by the shootability, relentless reliability and ease and economy of maintenance. I used a G23 for a few years then switched to G19s for EDC. Mine now have grip reductions, aggressive stipling and a few enhancements starting w/ sights.

Several of my associates are now carrying single stack Glocks and I am probably going to add one soon. We all carry at all times and train frequently and deliberately.

I chose to take your question seriously and hope you find my response sufficient.

mike r

Well, my question wasn't especially serious but I appreciate your detailed and personal reply.

Don't you find any contradiction between "Glock is always the best answer" and "Mine now have grip reductions, aggressive stipling and a few enhancements starting w/ sights". There have got to be choices out there for some people that don't require hacking on the grips and replacing the sights at least.

There is.

Start with your own 80% frame and build it the way you want it:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018339425

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell