Originally Posted by Youper
Originally Posted by Trystan
Anyone useing this bullet for taking game?If so how did it perform? It says on the box recommended velocities 700-1500 fps and for medium game. Did Hornady recently change this bullet because I've read a lot of conflicting info on the internet claiming different recommended velocities that were much higher!

I'm planning to use it for a whitetail hunt unless there is any reason not to. I haven't cronoed my load yet but ended up at 17 gr of H110 and I don't want to push it any further.

Trystan

The Hornady 9th ed. manual recommends 1150 - 1800 fps for the flat point, and 700 - 1400 fps for the hollow point, but nothing further about which one when. I decided to load the flat point for my carry around in the woods rounds to err on the side of penetration.

That's interesting! I'm assuming hornady must have made a change with the Flat Point because on the top of the box it says 700-1500 recommended fps

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field