Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
I wondered the same thing and the few I knew that had one all said the same thing, "tack drivers" out of the box. So I bought a Superlite in 6.5 Creed and cut the barrel at 22 inches and tossed a 3-9 SWFA on it and by golly, "tack driver".

I liked it so much that I bought the big CTR in 6.5 Creed for range use and put a Bushnell 4.5-18 LRHSi on it and "tack driver". I mean every one that shoots that big gun from the bench is a "tack driver". Good barrel, good trigger, etc.

I am now thinking a 21" barreled peep sighted Superlite in .358 Winny with a 10 round mag. might make a good "tack driver" big bear gun for hikes here in Alaska and when fishing the salmon streams. Or how about a Superlite in the 7mm WSM, a real long range "tack driver".

I like the rifles and I am a hard core walnut and blued steel Mod. 70 user since I was a kid.

I did the same thing, except after I bought my first CTR, I was so impressed with it, that I bought another CTR. At my clubs last centerfire/precision rifle shoot, I even felt guilty for pulling the CTR with Nightforce out. I could have been just as happy with my Savage, but no one of my buddies begged me to pull the CTR out:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I actually like my Tikka's better than my Sako long range hunter, but that rifle actually shoots pretty good too: Furthermore, I don't care if you guys are measuring moa or inches, it's a no brainer that Tikka's just shoot....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA