The Tikka T3/T3i are probably the most popular rifles here in Australia. They can be bought for around AU$1200 compared to Sakos which are around AU$2 800 - 3 000. They have a reputation for shooting straight out of the box and that reputation has been around for decades, not just the last few years. Despite this I don't own one. I never liked the plastic trigger guard, bolt shroud and magazine of the T3. And I never liked the action arrangement where the magazine couldn't be top loaded through the tiny ejection port. This has been fixed with the T3i but somehow they just don't appeal to me despite their great reputation here.

Last year I decided to rebarrel an old Ruger 77 tang safety in 95% condition to 7x64. When adding the cost of barrel, reamer, gunsmith work and cerakote, I said it would be cheaper to buy a S/S Tikka in that chambering. My gunsmith said he'd take an old classic walnut stocked Ruger any day over a plastic Tikka. But saying that, there are heaps of blokes here who love their Tikkas.

Last edited by Elvis; 09/14/19.