Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Accuracy. Tikkas are usually VERY accurate, especially the heavy-barreled models, which have lapped bores...

One more data point in the accuracy population (or 12 more if you want to count it that way).

These are the very first 12 groups from my brand new T3x 6.5 CM Varmint model. Had it out this morning, fired one shot to sight in and then started shooting groups. That group on the left in the top row represents the 2nd through 6th rounds down the barrel, they went into a .386" group for 5 shots. The others are 4 shot groups. I'm a real mediocre bench rest shooter and have a bad habit of throwing a flyer out of a group, otherwise the numbers here would be even better than they are.

These 12 groups represent two different bullets - Hornady 123 A-Max and 140 ELD-M, with two different powders for each bullet, RL-17 and H4350, two different charge weights for each powder with two radically different bullet seating depths. The absolute worst group is the middle in the third row and even with that flyer went into .811". The very best is the left one fourth row down, 4 shots into .236". Average of all 12 groups is .504". Most of these even with the flyers are in the low .4's to low .5's.

Count me among the satisfied Tikka shooters.

[Linked Image]

The only thing I kick myself over is that if I had bought this in a .270 it would really shoot.... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!