Originally Posted by 338Rules
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Here is a link to my recent Fire Classifieds purchase of a 338-06 FN Mauser.

www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14114129

I mounted a Bushnell 4200 Elite 2.5-10x50 Firefly in med Weaver rings. Scope already with rings was sitting on my work bench. Gun came with steel Weaver compatible bases.

I think I'm gonna like it. Waiting on dies, got new W/W 30-06 brass to form into 338-06 rounds. Have 200 gr. Speer and 225 Federal Fusion bullets and most any powder one could think of for this round. gunner500 likes H-380. H-4320 has long been a classic with RL-15 a popular choice. Some like RL-17 for a slight velocity edge. I have those and a bunch more in that general burn rate range. Just for local WT's and hogs, don't think I need premium bullets. With big chunks of lead like these two, I think I'll be well prepared for whatever.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

DF - I’d like to hear more about your experience, and overall impressions wrt that scope & reticle.
Does it work much better in low light ? How is resolution at 10X in daylight ?

Thanks

I've used that scope on other guns. It has great glass, about VX-3 level. It's a good low light scope. The heavy reticle takes some getting used to. It does have fine wires at the center for precise work, then two step ups instead on one as in a duplex. That's why I refer to it as a triplex. The Firefly feature will glow for a while after being charged with a flashlight. It doesn't last that long, has to be re-energized. But, it's pretty neat for a non-illuminated reticle.

DF