Originally Posted by smokepole
Seems to me that semi-urban deer would be the least likely to spook at the sound of a car door slamming, or the sight of a light.

If they spooked every time they saw or heard the sights and sounds of semi-urvban life, they'd never stop running. Until they keeled over from exhaustion.

Lately I am shooting semi-urban deer with a crossbow. 5 acre lots. I keep cameras out 5 months of the year, and I spend 3 1/2 months where I am in my "stand" 3-4 times/week normally. I watch a lot of deer to get the specific deer I want. Some of them never do relax and will spook at the least provocation. Some of them will patiently wait for people to vacate an area the want to feed in, like under oaks or apple trees, and could care less about things like fire pits still burning or people talking and kids playing. I have had deer watch me walk in to my "stand" and they go about their business as soon as I disappear from their sight. Their reaction is very individual. The dumb ones never seem to get weeded out either.