In June, not many options and nothing direct into Gaborone. Bob and I flew into J'berg and overnight at the City Lodge there in the airport. Had to claim luggage and rifles and do the SAPS 520 temp import/transit permits for the rifles. No big deal, I've done the SAPS 520 so many times I can just about to it with my eyes closed.

Next morning we flew Air Botswana direct to Gaborone and Gerhard picked us up there. He does have an option of picking your up in J'berg but, its a 5+ hour drive and the Air Bots flight was less than $300 r/t and got us to his place about the same time.

This October2019, Qatar Air is going to start offering flights into Gaborone 3-days a week "direct" from Doha. The "direct" means they will make a 1 hour fuel and passenger stop in J'berg but you stay on the same plane. It's an overnight flight and you arrive in Gaborone at 5pm. Still time to make the drive in daylight to Gerhard and Maggie's or you can stay overnight in Gaborone and leave early the next morning. Would be "in camp" by 10am, unpack, confirm zero, lunch and be hunting right after.

On our Aug trip, since we were already in Windhoek, we just flew Air Namibia direct Windhoek to Gaborone. Air Namibia screwed us up on the return. Will NEVER book on Air Namibia again unless/until they are taken over or partnered up/subsidiary of one of the three major international carriers they are currently negotiating with.

One other option is Ethiopian Airlines offers service flights 3-days a week from Addis Ababa.

My wife and I will use Qatar next time. They offer direct flights from multiple US cities direct to Doha and then in. Spent a good bit of time in Doha while still on active duty. Airport is spectacular and the country and city is safe, within reason. Trust me, wouldn't go anywhere the put her at risk.