I eat fish from waters with advisories on occasion. Logistics prevents me from overdoing it even if I wanted to.

I know people down here who have been eating fish out of local rivers their entire lives that are pushing 90 years of age. IIRC , most if not all of these freshwater rivers now have advisories that warn not to eat bass or catfish at all and only eat panfish once a week.

Personally, I have had a hard time believing anything the govt says about the environment for quite a while. One thing you probably could do if concerned is to be sure to fillet the skin off which is supposed to eliminate a lot of contaminants. Filleting itself also eliminates the bones which could store toxins as well.

I think in most cases, no more than people get to go fishing, no more fish than they get to catch because of over fishing, and no more than they get to keep because of size and creel limits, it would be pretty hard to poison yourself with mercury from fish.....but its a personal judgement call.

Last edited by RJY66; 09/16/19.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn