Originally Posted by flintlocke
I think Oldman3 makes a good point on testing the whole fish. I had 2 generations of family literally living lakefront on Clearlake Calif. Avid fishermen and fish eaters. Particularly crappie. Clearlake is one of the highest mercury hotspots in the west. Mercury mines and dormant volcano on the eastern shore. Anyway, I attended many of their funerals, most of them lived into their 80's and I think almost without exception, breading, shortening, and tobacco killed them. Yeah, I know, anecdotal evidence is no evidence.

My Dad is a commercial fisherman, fishing the waters I was talking about on the upper Ouachita River. He's been eating those fish all his life and lots of them..... he's still fishing and if the Good Lord is willing, he'll be 93 next month.

Yeah, those fish are bad for you! (Where's the sarcasm thingy?)

Oh, another tidbit..... The gov. cried and wailed about the fish being bad from the mercury that leaked from the old oilfield meters.... Then they found some ponds that had never been flooded by high water and the mercury levels were above normal in them. That stumped them...... they finally admitted that mercury is naturally occurring on our part of the country, but wont lift the fish warning or let the commercial fishermen fish in the woods.

Last edited by Oldman3; 09/16/19.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21