Originally Posted by fburgtx
Now that we are “energy independent”, remind me, again, what exactly is our interest in Saudi Arabia?? Hell, if anything, having them in a war (that they fight on their OWN) guarantees more sales of US made military equipment.

Oil is a worldwide commodity. If Saudi oil is taken off the market, the price will go up, even for US oil consumed in the US. It could even trigger a world wide recession. In the long run, Iran could end up controlling or owning Saudi oil. Iran would then have Western Europe in more of a stranglehold than it does now.

I think what Trump meant is he wants to get sufficient confirmation from Saudi intelligence that he can prove to our enemies that Iran did it (though it's obvious they did) and obviously any military action would have to be coordinated with the Saudis.

Final thoughts:

1. Trump should have listened to Bolton and beat the crap out of Iran when they shot down our drone. Instant he is talking nice to them. If he doesn't respond forcefully now, they will do something worse.

2. Tulsi Gabbard is a lying twit like all the other Demoscum candidates, and doesn't give a (bleep) about what's good for America.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.