Nope.
I do it all the time.
(maybe we are both crazy)

I like irons best, but I admit I need a scope in dimmer light. I am just too old now to shoot irons in dim light.
I killed an antelope doe 2 weeks ago with an iron sighted 6.5X54 at 20 yards, right through the neck. It's the same rifle I killed this buck with last year. The shot was from about 165 or 170 yards last year, also hit through the neck. I would have prefered a chesh shot, but the buck 'busted me" when I was crawling up and stuck his head and neck over the berm. That's all I had to shoot at so I took the shot.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]2018 #1 Ant. Buck by Steve Zihn, on [bleep]
I am going out this afternoon to try to kill a nice buck antelope, and I am going to use either my M1 Garand, my M95 Winchester Lever action or maybe my Savage M99. None of which are scoped.

I intend to use a scoped rifle this year for my bull elk, but for my cow, and for all antelope, and all deer I am hoping I have clear skies and good light, and if I do I will use iron sighted rifles for them all.

Last edited by szihn; 09/18/19.