JFE,
Grizzly Cartridge loaded that specific load for our bullet testing Safari and the reported peak pressure was under 40,000 PSI. As you surely know, the modern 1886 is safe above 50,000 psi. I do have and use the Pressure Trace II system for my own hot loads such as my Winchester 1895 .405 WCF 400 grain loads at 2076 fps and 48,000 psi. Those kill Cape Buffalo also; shoot- through from rear rib and out between front legs, leaving big hole in heart.

I can approach or even equal that .458 2.4 performance with VV N133, bu I have plenty of loaded rounds left and so no motivation to load more. The bison I shot with that load went down like a metal target- the bullet went through both shoulders and exited on the off side. Similar performance was reported on Cape buff - shoot- throughs on broadside shots and deep penetration on front or rear end shots(the same as our experience with Texas exotics such as big bison, water buff, watusi, and elk before the safari.) In Africa, It actually knocked down an ele with a 20 yard frontal brain shot, but the FMJ expanded and did not enter the brain. The following shots with NF and Punch bullets did though.

As you may know, I call BS on fear of crescent metal butt plates hurting the shooter when used correctly. This rifle weighs 9.5 pounds empty and does not even cut or hurt from the bench - IF you tuck the metal butt plate into the armpit so the rifle can rise rather than push back. In the field, the barrel comes back down on target with a fresh round in the chamber. Serendipity!

Fotis, please do not touch that beautiful stock with any tool. Just shoot it and enjoy the shooting and the making of other levergunners jealous!

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/