Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by Squidge
Trump is forbidden from using taxpayer money for personal gain outside our country's national interest. Not sure if that's what is going on, but that's the speculation.

That takes us right back to the Obama statement caught on tape. Where did you stand on that?

Not the same. I don't recall a 1/4 of a billion dollars of taxpayer money being contingent on anything involved in the Obama conversation caught on tape, maybe I missed something though that wasn't reported.

Pretty much about what I expected. No, not exactly the same. One was for personal gain, and the other was looking into criminal activity of Biden and his corrupt son..

1/4 of a billion dollars...

To be honest I wouldn't be offended or concerned if Trump was caught saying the exact thing that Obama did in similar circumstances. Why? Because tax payer dollars were not being leveraged for personal political gain.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/public_corruption

Public corruption involves a breach of public trust and/or abuse of position by federal, state, or local officials and their private sector accomplices. By broad definition, a government official, whether elected, appointed or hired, may violate federal law when he/she asks, demands, solicits, accepts, or agrees to receive anything of value in return for being influenced in the performance of their official duties.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.