Originally Posted by SargeMO
From the FWIW Department-

I always zero my 94s irons at 200 yards with Federal Champion 150 grain SPs or my 'forever' reload using Winchester primers, 34 grain of H4895 and a Speer or Sierra 150 grain flat SP. These have shared the same POI in all my 30-30 Winchesters, so all are good. That load and zero has put deer on the ground instantly or in 50 foot radius, from 'the other side of the tree' to 235 yards.

Awhile back a favorite nephew gave me a part box of 160 grain LEVERevolution factory loads. Just for grins I put up an old barrel lid at 330 yards, held carefully in the middle and let a couple fly, with no other sight adjustment. I'd have been happy to find a couple of hits in or near the bottom edge. What I found was two clean holes, about 6" apart, right in the center of the lid. You could also tell from the dirt churned up behind it, the LEVERevolution was still hitting pretty hard.

I'm not changing from my regular loads, but I am definitely going to keep a couple of the LEVERevolution round in my shirt pocket when the 94 goes to the woods. A hundred yards more reach, simply by changing ammo, could sure come in handy when Mr. Yodel Dog thinks he's safe in the distance.

As to heavy bullet loads, the 190 grain Barnes looks pretty good to me and I am hunting reload data for that one.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020722037

You have me thinking about carrying a couple in my shirt pocket....