Sorry, I have not been here for awhile. I had a vintage set of 256 Newton RCBS dies and a set of modern C&H dies. Based on experience making this case there are two problems. First obstacle was have to trim the case. I used a borrowed RCBS power trimmer. A trim die would have worked better. At a hundred bucks the RCBS looked less attractive. These cases were made from RP 270 brass.

Shoulder collapse: The cases were lubed with Imperial Sizing Die Wax. The lube is usually well behaved. This time the lube oozed out of the vent hole. The lube situation aggravated and neck and shoulder problem. I did called C&H speaking to the owner. The answer was to lube the case half the way up. This solution worked at the expense of some stuck cases.

Another irritation was the cases appeared oversized from my chamber. The barrel had to be set the barrel back and rechambered. This rechambering could have something to do with this large case business. As you can tell this undertaking was some what star crossed. RCBS no longer offers these dies. C&H can make custom dies but has a set up cost. Best talk to them for current cost. A no-brainer is to always resize the parent brass first. I have always preferred to neck down hence the 270 brass.

Loading data. You are on your own. Using data derived from 6,5x55 and 6.5-06 worked for me. My rifle can get into 6.5-06 territory so I back off on the charges. The cartridge works great in a 98 Mauser action. A new Leupold 3.5-10x40 scope has just been installed. Got the rifle roughed in yesterday. This project in moving in geological time.

Last edited by Roundball1; 09/29/19.