kk alaska,

What makes you think that the FFL dealers owned the carbines for 15 years?? = The "price gouger" that I talked to last week has owned the 2 carbines for less than 60 days & bought both from police departments that wanted to dispose of them.
(Fwiw, the Model 7615, that I bought, was one of five carbines sold by a Texas police department to a FFL in Austin for 150.oo each. = None of the 5 had been fired. - Managers bought 4 of the carbines & I bought the last one.) .

Btw, Remington still had NIB carbines in a warehouse, in BOTH 5.56NATO & in 7.62NATO, about a YEAR ago. = I was told that the last ones were essentially GIVEN AWAY "for peanuts", to get them out of the inventory.
(I bought the last of the new, in factory plastic packaging, 5.56NATO magazines in Summer 2018. = The company was glad to sell them CHEAP. = I kept 4 each magazines & gave the other mags away to friends/family, who had 7615 carbines, at Christmas.)

As members here have likely guessed, I'm a dedicated hunter of the TX brush country & a "wrong-handed guy", too. = As of tonight, I have at least one Model 760/7600 in every caliber except. .244REM,.257Roberts & 7x57mm, including a 9.3x62mm rifle that JES re-bored for me .= I really like the pump-rifles & carbines.
(I used to own a .244 but gave it to my niece, as she borrowed it constantly. - Finally, I told "Tara" to keep it. - She is DEADLY with it, too.)

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 10/06/19. Reason: typo

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836