Was $1250.00 a good price for the M70? Based on its description and the pictures posted on GI, more than likely it was. I saw the posting a few days ago and was tempted myself, but have its twin sitting in my project queue, so I passed. The standard calibers such as 270 and 30-06 seem to be the most desirable of the LH M70's, particularly the stainless versions.

That said, there are a few little things I'd check out to be certain I got a good value. First, make up 5 dummy rounds and make sure it feeds/ejects properly. More than likely it will, but I've seen a few that don't.

Second, get a set of Talley Light Weight rings and mount a scope to see if the scope mount holes on the front/rear bridge are straight. Mose are, but it's good to know what you've got.

Third, and depending on how far you want to go, I'd replace the extractor with an aftermarket version. I haven't looked lately, but these may be hard to find. Although I may have a few sitting in my parts bin, let me check. I'm happy to send you one if I have an extra lying around and you're interested. PM me if you are and I'll check.

Fourth, and this is debatable, send it off to a good M70 gunsmith and have the action bedded and barrel floated. Have the trigger adjusted too. Redneck, who posts on this forum, can fix you up. Of course you may want to shoot it before shipping the gun off doing this.

Congrats on an excellent find and purchase. I hope you got a good one.